Recumbent Bike Reviews 2017
As you have landed on this page let’s assume that you already know what is a recumbent bike. This is a very popular fitness bike at home and gyms. Of course there are lots of reasons behind its popularity. It is a great exercise tools for both warm up and further exercise. Once you are going to purchase a recumbent bike, chances are there that you are buying it for your home. Having a recumbent bike at home will increase your motivation for exercise.
And that will stare at your face and will beg you to sit on it. So this is really great when you invest your money for a recumbent bike. It is easy to order online and then getting the product at home. But it is obvious that you are not going to spend the hard earned money for an average recumbent bike. The market is overwhelmed with various types of fitness bikes. The recumbent bike is a very popular one. But this is really confusing when you try to find the best product. This is why you need to research online to find the best recumbent bike.
But we know researching online is not always the first choice. You can take help from the recumbent bike reviews that you will find online. Otherwise you will need to spend hours to find the best product yourself. We always recommend our visitors to spend some time for research. But if you think you are not going to spend the time, go through our recumbent bike reviews. We have spent hours to find the best products to make our recumbent bike reviews.
Why Recumbent Bike?
Exercising in a recumbent bike will offer you a very comfortable workout experience. In most of the workout in general, you will feel downward pressure. They cause lots on stress on your knees, on ankles, hips or back. On the first days of working out this might not be an issue, but with time this is going to cause severe pain. As a result you will lose motivation for exercise. Exercising on a recumbent bike will help you to take the weight off your hip and back. Thus you can have intense cycling workout without having much problem.
Cycling is one of the most popular cardio exercises; this will get your legs and butts toned. Minimum 20 minutes of cardio exercises a day will increase the heart rate to a cardio-fitness level and this is a very important part of overall physical fitness. This reduces the chances of any heart diseases and other serious health issues. On a recumbent bike, you can achieve the cardio goals at home with comfort and safety. This will help you burning the calories you gain. With a recumbent bike you can potentially burn hundreds of calories every hour. This is a very cost effective way and will make you feel confident.
Why Trust Our Recumbent Bike Reviews?
While looking for the recumbent bikes reviews, you will find many of the platforms online who have prepared their recumbent bike reviews for you. The question is why ours is unique. Did you know that we have spent days and hours researching to find the quality recumbent bikes that have the best value for the price you are paying. Also, we have gone through a big list of recumbent bikes; we carefully reviewed their features and configurations. And then we did a wide research what people are interested about a recumbent bike when they decide to spend for such a fitness tool for their home.
Considering all their needs, requirements and other factors, we tried to make a shortlist. While looking at our recumbent bike reviews you will see not all the recumbent bikes are of same category. Some are premium, some are compact, and some are great at an affordable price. So you can choose from out recumbent bike reviews according to your personal requirements. We also considered the customers’ review as a vital part of our recumbent bike reviews.
What they like about a product, what they dislike about it and what are their suggestions of improvement, we have considered those as well. In some reviews we found that the recumbent bike is really great, but maybe the quality control team was not up to the mark so that the customer ends up getting a broken or damaged recumbent bike. Although you can return the product and get a new one, this will affect your overall satisfaction. We considered all those factors and then came up with our recumbent bike reviews with the 10 best recumbent bikes in the market.
Best Recumbent Bike Reviews
So here goes the best recumbent bike reviews. We have segmented into parts. On the first section we highlighted some key features of that very recumbent bike and then we discussed the USP of the products and other pros and cons. As we have shortlisted the best recumbent bikes, you will very less likely find any flaws, because these are the market toppers. But we have tried to find even the smallest flaws possible. After going through the complete recumbent bike reviews you will feel it how hard we had to work for making this list of best recumbent bike. Let’s have a look.
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
- Walk-through recumbent bike
- Features extended leg stabilizers for a rock-solid platform during workouts
- Includes transportation wheels to move easily from one place to another
- Features eight-level magnetic resistance to offer various workout options
- Features a large and easy to read LCD display that shows the distance rode, calories burnt, duration, speed and the heart rate information
- Equipped with built-in hand pulse monitor that helps the rider to maintain the desired heart rate
- Adjustable seats for accommodating a wide range of users
- Padded seat and the oversized seat-cushion and the back rest offers the highest comfort during workout
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike is probably the best value recumbent bike that we found available in the market. This is not equipped with all the premium parts and components, but this offers you will all the necessary stuffs and features that you will need to face any workout challenge. The walk-through frame offers smooth cycling motion. These are the features that make a recumbent bike expensive, but this you are getting at a very affordable price.
This features a magnetic resistance system so that you can adjust the intensity of your workout. Using a simple hand wheel you can easily adjust the distance of the magnet from the flywheel. The 8 levels of tension make it possible to do the adjustment very quickly. This offers a pretty simple display console that is an LCD screen, shows all the workout data you need to track. This is very much helpful for watching the improvement.
The overall impression is really great. Not many products can give their clients such great satisfaction. This is very easy to use and all other adjustable features work just perfect. Almost in all the recumbent bike reviews this takes the top place because it provides the best value for the price. some drawbacks are also there. In the more expensive models of recumbent bikes you will find more workout programs. As from the view of entertainment, there is no shelf or hold for music players or the tab. Of course these are not the deal breakers. If you spend more, you will find a premium recumbent bike, but this is the best recumbent bike you will find with the best value. You can check a more detailed guide here.
Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Compact design
- Features 8 levels of preset resistance
- Easy to adjust tension lightening knob for different fitness levels
- Console display for tracking speed, distance, time and calories
- Counterbalanced pedals with adjustable foot straps
- Built-in transport wheels for easy mobility
If you are looking for a recumbent bike at a very affordable price, you may have to compromise some features. But if you don’t want to compromise the good workout experience, this is going to be your choice. Unlike many other recumbent bikes of its category, you will find this very smooth and it have fluid riding motion. The pedals come with adjustable foot straps. 8 preset resistance level will give you control over the recumbent bike. Mercy is a good brand too.
The large console will allow you to see the important workout statistics so that you can track your performance. This is one of the cheapest quality recumbent bikes that you will find in almost all the recumbent bike reviews.
Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike
- Large and easy to read LCD window tracks your speed, time, distance, calories burnt and more
- 7 different workout programs to offer variations
- 8 level of magnetic resistance
- Includes grip heart rate monitor
Schwinn A20 is one of the most popular and competitively priced products in our recumbent bike reviews. This provides you with extra support for your lower back during workout. Two extra wide padded seats and backrests assure enhanced comfort. There are 8 different resistance settings to choose from. The base stabilizer is something worth mentioning here because if the recumbent bike does not have a stable base, it is simple frustrating working out on it.
It has a large display console. You will hardly find any recumbent bike at this price level with such a big display console. This is easy to read and the large buttons are easy to control. This offers you 7 different workout programs. This is probably the lowest price recumbent bike that has preset workout programs. There are different categories you can choose from.
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- Dual track two LCD window system
- 13 different types of display feedback
- Offers 22 workout programs
- 2 user setting and goal tracking to keep the user motivated and feel challenged
- 20 levels of resistance
- High speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheels assures the workout to be smooth and noiseless
- Charging USB port and data exchange
- Schwinn connect goal tracking and data export keep the user up to date with all the relevant information and help reaching the fitness goal
Schwinn is a very popular name in the cycling industry for more than 100 years. This schwinn 230 recumbent bike is one of the top selling recumbent bikes. In almost all the recumbent bike reviews you will get this one because of its affordable price and some amazing features. One of the main positive feedbacks that we found from the clients is because it’s very easy to assemble this recumbent bike.
One of the top features of Schwinn 230 recumbent bike is its workout programs. This offers 22 different types of workout programs. It offers 2 user profiles where you can enter the details of your body, like the height, weight and age. This assures better result of your workout. This also allows more than one user profile to be added. You can choose programs from three main categories, fun rides, mountains and challenges. It features a larger display console that has many features unlike most other recumbent bikes of its category.
This easy to use recumbent bike offers pretty noiseless workout experience. The smooth cycling motions and good quality control has been a great turn on for the customers. If you ask for the flaws, the seat can be pretty uncomfortable in a long ride, like if you are sitting for more than 1 hour. Other than this, Schwinn 230 recumbent bike is a great recumbent bike for those who are reading the recumbent bike reviews to search for something that won’t break their bank.
Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- Foldable recumbent bike with V-belt double drive transmission system
- Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit
- Precision balanced flywheel
- 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy to read LCD display as console, tracks distance, calories burnt, duration, speed and heart rate
- Large seat cushion and backrest assure maximum comfort during workout
This is an extremely popular recumbent bike with 100s of customer’s positive reviews. This is more of a compact recumbent bike. When the storage and the mobility is a big concern, this is the solution for you. Keeping the price very near to entry level this Exerpeutic 400XL is a great compact recumbent bike.
If features a simple yet very effective display console that shows the important workout data. Like all other consoles of the recumbent bikes of its category it does not have any complicated buttons in it. A single display scrolls through the statistics. There you will find a single navigation button. Below the display console you will find the dial for the magnetic tension control system. The resistance setting depends on manual scrolling and this can easily be done in the middle of workout.
This recumbent bike is quick and easy to assemble. If you are planning for a gym membership, we will recommend this at your home; this will be far more effective. The compact but sturdy design allows the user to move the tools when needed. Talking about some flaws, there we found some complains where the clients said that the heart rate and the calories burnt are not shows always accurate. Another problem is there is no preset workout program. So if you are looking to spend your money for an entry level compact recumbent bike under a certain budget, this is going to be a great choice. Otherwise you can raise the budget and continue reading this recumbent bike reviews.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- Dual track LCD window system for monitoring up to 13 different feedback while working out
- Schwinn connect goal tracking and data export always keeps you up to date so that you can reach your fitness goal
- Feature 29 different workout programs, 4 user setting and goal tracking are all for your motivation and keep you on track to meet the goal
- 25 level of resistance
- High speed
- High inertia perimeter weighted flywheel makes workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange
Schwinn 270 is a flagship product by the manufacturer and it is another continuation of Schwinn’s legacy of quality products in the fitness industry. This features leveler attached to the rear stabilizer and makes sure that the bike is stable even on any uneven ground. There is a large handle attached to the rear stabilizer you can easily move this recumbent bike from one place to another, as it also has transport wheels attached to the front.
Unlike the previous three that we discussed, it is a bit pricier, but not more than $500. But the comfort and the workout experience you will get is much worthier than the price. You will get a console that will give you a feeling of quality. Schwinn really focused on what matters. The display console has been divided into three main sections, the screens, the buttons and the speakers. With 29 different workout programs you can actually enjoy a wide variety of options. We did not find any negative reviews about Schwinn 270 recumbent bike, but one minor issue that you should know is that there is no manual for the console. You may need some time to get used to with it. Here is a full guide about this bike.
Nautilus R614 Recumbent Bike
- Dual track LCD display, shows up to 13 work out details
- Charging USB port and data export to Nautilusconnect.com or myfitnesspal.com
- 22 different workout programs
- 20 levels of ECB magnetic resistance
- Offers 2 user profiles
- Acoustic chambered speakers
- Heart rate monitors with touch sensors
- Includes water bottle holder and features a cooling fan
Nautilus R614 offers a wide variety of workout programs at an affordable price. This is why we have brought it in the shortlist of recumbent bike reviews. It is very strong and stable. There is a leveler for extra stability. The console you will get is much more like some of a more expensive model. 20 magnetic resistance level will give you control over the recumbent bike during workout. It offers 20 different types of workout programs so that you never get bored with it. 2 users profile you can set up and also for entertainment there is shelf for your tab.
The problem you may find with the cooling fan, because it is not that powerful. The seat cushioning could be better for enhanced comfort. Other than these, Nautilus R614 is a great recumbent bike and a common product in all the top recumbent bike reviews.
Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike
- Blue backlight dual track LCD display
- Two LCD windows display shows the status of up to 13 details
- Bluetooth LE connectivity and charging USB port
- Offers 29 different preset workout programs
- 25 levels of resistance
- Allows 4 user profile
- Acoustic chambered speaker
This bike is an ergonomically designed recumbent bike for the maximum comfort of the body. The competitive price has made it one of the best recumbent bikes of its category. This is a great recumbent bike if you want entertainment while working out. There is a media shelf attached to the console display.
There are 29 different preset workout programs so that you can find your favorite ones and never get bored of them. Yu can sync the workout data with NautilusConnect and Myfitnesspal so that you can track the improvement.
Diamondback Fitness 910SR Seat Recumbent with Electronic Display and Quiet Magnetic Flywheel
- Diamondback’s standard solid steel magnetic flywheels and steel-crafted other components for a sturdy and quiet riding experience
- Offers 35 different workout programs that will always keep you on challenge
- Amazing LCD display with real-time feedback
- Quickset program keys and scrolling message center
- Adjustable seat base and arm rest
Now these are going to cost you more than the previous ones we have discussed in our recumbent bike reviews. If you are ready for a recumbent bike that is a combination of great design, super construction, smooth functionality and amazing overall experience, this is going to be the one for the best value of your price. In almost all the recumbent bike reviews you will find this as the best recumbent bike under $1000.
Each feature that is comes with it outstanding. The seat, adjustments and stability is awesome. They are intended for the highest comfort during workout. The display console is visually attractive with more than 20 options available. The quick start features, and all other preset workout program will blow your mind. The only issue you may find I that it needs proper maintenance. This is pretty obvious because if you want to get more from the tool, the tool is supposed to be premium and that needs premium treatment as well. But this apparently not a deal breaker and you are going to love this recumbent exercise bike.
Sole Fitness LCR Light Commercial Recumbent Bike
- Semi recumbent exercise bike with adjustable seat and handlebars
- Features 6 standard programs, 2 Custom programs and Two heart rate programs
- Included 9 inch LCD console with built-in fan
- Compatible with both Pulse grip heart rate monitoring and Chest strap heart rate monitoring
- Custom, oversized pedal
- ECB magnetic resistance
- MP3 compatible sound system
This has a walk-through design and the low profile frame. The impressive weight capacity of 350 lbs can accommodate almost everyone. This is the single product that we are discussing here in the recumbent bike reviews that is great for commercial uses as well. The back support and the seat have been designed ergonomically so that it can support your lower body to a great extent.
This has a large LCD display console with various functionalities. There you will find 10 preset workout programs that will never make you feel bored. Regardless what is your goal, maintaining current fitness level or lose weight or train for an event, you will get complete support from those workout programs. To achieve the goal tracking your performance on a regular basis is important. Using its built-in fitness test program you can measure the improvement very easily.
Considerations Before Buying Recumbent Bikes
Like all other fitness equipments, you always have to consider some very important points before purchasing a recumbent bike. This may take you some time, but trust me, this works pretty awesome. You are very less likely going to change or replace the recumbent bikes soon after purchasing. So you better do some research online before making a decision of spending you hard earned money. There are many recumbent bike reviews online that you will easily find and they can help you to decide spending pretty less effort. You can have a look on our recumbent bike reviews above. We have spent days on researching and we have looked more than 100s recumbent bikes available in the market.
There are two types of consideration that you should keep in your mind. One if about the features and another is about the configurations. They are pretty much related to each other. First you have to consider what you are going to do with this recumbent bike. There are some certain questions that you have to answer if you want to narrow down the list of all the products that are available in the market, online or offline. Let’s have a look what are those few questions.
- How frequently you are going to use this recumbent bike?
- Who else is going to use this recumbent bike?
- What are the fitness goals that you want to achieve?
- What is the space you can offer this recumbent bike at your home?
So, here the above questions are very important because each will help you to reduce some other products from the list. If you are an extreme health conscious person and you are going to use this recumbent bike very frequently, then you are going to need a very sturdy and well-built recumbent bike. Are you the only one who is going to use the recumbent exercise bike? Or there are other people in the family who are going to use that as well. If you are the only person, it is wise not to spend a lot for some really premium recumbent bikes. If there are other people in the family to use the recumbent bike that you will need some sturdy, well-built and good quality recumbent bikes, with a pretty long warranty period.
Having a clear ad precise idea about the fitness goals that you want to achieve will play a very descent role making the final decision of purchasing a recumbent bike for home use. You need to measure the performance of you. You would like to have some facilities to measure that online. There are models of recumbent bikes that will offer you performance tracking. If you want to improve your lower body strength, then you may need to have something that has highest resistance levels and watts ratings.
Space is another very important factor when you are purchasing a recumbent bike for home use. If there is not enough space for your recumbent exercise bike, you should choose something smaller in size, something compact. If you have enough space you can go for larger recumbent bikes. So these are very important considerations. Once you know all the answers, now narrow down the list. Be honest with your answers, you will end up getting some really great products that are the best suits.
Now let’s talk about the design features of a recumbent bike. The market is overwhelmed with a lots of health and fitness products. With time, people are getting more health conscious and that fitness industry is growing accordingly. There are so many different designs and so many functionalities. This variation will easily make you confused when you will be looking for a recumbent bike. We will talk about some certain design features that you may think important.
- Walk-through design: This is probably the main reason why you prefer a recumbent bike over other exercise bikes. The walk through design is the main different between a recumbent bike and other exercise bikes. In this design, the pedal crankset and the resistance system is set on a significant distance from the seating position. This walk-through frame design offers enough space between the seat and the resistance system casing. Anyone with low mobility will get the highest benefit of this design.
- Comfort level: When you will be purchasing some fitness product like an exercise bike, you must consider the comfort. Because in a treadmill and in some other fitness products you don’t have to worry about seating. However, if you are planning to seat more than 20 minutes on your recumbent exercise bike, ergonomic design and other comfort features should be the most important consideration. Otherwise they will assure that you end up with back pain and other physical discomforts. So back support is a very important feature. Normally the cheaper recumbent bike does not offer good quality back support. You should spend your money for a ventilated and flexible back support. So this decision will depend on the duration of the usage.
- Weight capacity: The weight capacity should be checked before you purchase. You will find this information from the manufacturers. Usually the range of weight is somewhere in between 250 lbs to 350 lbs. Besides weight capacity, make sure the recumbent bike is suitable for your height. If you are shorter than the recumbent bikes with lower seat height will be best fit. If you are tall, or have overweight or have circulation issues in your legs, you may need to have something with a longer wheelbase. In most of the recumbent bike you may not find the information. It will be best if you can try the recumbent bike before purchasing. And If there is no option for trying it, maybe you are buying it from any online store, you better have a look on the recumbent bike reviews by the clients beneath the product description segment. Also you can have a look at our recumbent bike reviews; there we tried to present almost all the information that you will need.
- Size: This is really an issue and a very important factor when you don’t have much space for the recumbent bikes you are going to buy. The dimension you have to measure properly. The spin bikes and the upright exercise bikes can be folded and they are easy to store. So you should find something easy to handle at your home, if you have space issue.
- Variation of resistance level: This is a tricky part. There is no universal scale to be used for this industry. This is why 2 models both having 25 resistance level does not mean that they will offer you the same feeling. There are usually three types of resistance system, magnetic, friction belts and fans. By far the first one is the most popular resistance system. The best way not to get confused is to read the recumbent bike reviews carefully.
- Workout programs: The good quality recumbent bikes come with varieties of training programs. If you have been working out for a while, you will know that you should bring some variations in your workout program. When your body gets used to do the same training everyday, the muscles get ready for the same program and that reduces the efficiency. That is why more preset workout programs allow the rider to work out in different ways. But the more expensive models will not assure more workout programs. But if you are looking for great variations of training program then you will have to spend nearly about $450 and so. You have to go through the user’s manual very carefully, to get the proper idea.
- Performance tracker: No matter what your fitness goal is, you should be able to measure the performances over time. It’s crucial, because if you don’t see improvement, you may end up losing motivations. All the workout programs are not supposed to be perfect for your body. So if you can track the performance you can easily find the best program for you. The historical records will show you which workout program will help you gaining your goal. In the recumbent bikes you will find USB ports where you can connect your device and then download the workout data.
- Console: In this part of discussion, console is the last feature what we are discussing. But there is no way to think that it is the least important feature. In almost all the modern recumbent bikes there is a console where you can see the heart rate and other data like calorie burning, distances etc. If you pay low for a recumbent bike, there should be single button console. The high end recumbent bikes have better console with a larger screen. If you want to see more information like RPM, current workout program profile and mush more in real time, you need to spend more than $300.
In many other recumbent bike reviews you will find the budget is the most important considerations that you need to consider. We agree with that. This is not only for a recumbent bike. For almost anything budget is an issue. If you have a strict budget, then it’s okay. You will find some good products at an affordable price. But you need to spend some more time on research. The recumbent bikes for around $500 are descent, but they are kind of heavy. If you spend around $1000, you will more likely end up getting something really great recumbent bike. If you are a casual rider, then you should not spend more than $1000. And if you want
But you need to spend some more time on research. The recumbent bikes for around $500 are descent, but they are kind of heavy. If you spend around $1000, you will more likely end up getting something really great recumbent bike. If you are a casual rider, then you should not spend more than $1000. And if you want high end recumbent bike, the prices can go even at $7000. When you pay higher prices, you will get lighter recumbent bike with exotic materials, suspensions, ergonomic positions and better console.
Apart from all the technical details above, always try to use your sense. Since the market has lots of various products and they all has different parameters to measure success, it’s really confusing. That’s why you have to start researching before you purchase something. Ask yourself the questions we have discussed above and then be honest with the answers. Do not spend money for unnecessary features. Happy shopping!